|BECOME PART OF BREWERYTOWN SHARSWOOD COALITION TEXT MESSAGING GROUP!
Text “sharswood” to (888) 615–0970.
Join in our efforts and receive text updates on neighborhood news, events, and activities!
Reply STOP to unsubscribe or HELP for help. 4 msgs/mo, Msg & Data rates may apply.
You will get an immediate response thanking you for signing up. You will receive announcements about free food pickup times, COVID alerts, virtual meeting reminders, and other news about your community and city.
Due to the unprecedented circumstances, some events have been rescheduled to virtual meetings. Please see the events calendar for most recent updates! It is critical in this time to keep our community members safe and do our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19. Please follow government directed guidelines and see recent blog posts for information to keep you and your family safe!
The Brewerytown Sharswood Community Civic Association (BSCCA) is a non-partisan, non-profit organization established within the city of Philadelphia.
BSCCA started in the year 2000 and has progressed over the years. BSCCA began with a group a neighbors who would come together and clean the streets the evening before trash day. “Meet Me at the Curb” was the slogan, and from there came an awareness of other issues that existed in the community, and the desire to do more for the neighborhood.
BSCCA continues to be a strong force in our neighborhood. BSCCA has done a number of works to better the neighborhood and bring resources to our community.
- Established a Neighborhood Advisory Council (NAC) which provides information on resources throughout our neighborhood and city.
- Helped with the making of “Athletic Recreation Center: The Jewel of Brewerytown” a movie that describes the legacy of the ball fields and recreation center at 26th and Master streets in North Philadelphia.
- Advocated for a new pool at Athletic Recreation Center, and other improvements throughout the facility.
- Advocated to bring a grocery store to the Brewerytown-Sharswood neighborhood.
- Worked with developers as part of revitalization efforts.
- Collaborated with Philadelphia More Beautiful Committee (PMBC) on sanitation programs.
- Partnered with the Philadelphia Corporation for Aging (PCA) and made donations to assist with neighborhood seniors.
President Warren McMichael
Vice President Herman Arce II
Treasurer Sheila Belo
Secretary Stephanie Belo
Membership Chair Richardine Bradley
NAC Executive Director Darnetta Arce
The BSCCA general meetings are every 3rd Thursday of the month at Camelot Academy located at 26th and Jefferson Street, Philadelphia, PA 19121 at 6:30 pm. For questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 267-858-4246. Meeting Schedule: January 16th